PPD has just released their Florida Poll!
Keep in mind that a day before the election in 2016, they had our President winning FL by 1.6%. He won the state by 1.2%. Some major takeaways:
1) Our President’s Approval Rating is 51%. This is even higher than what it was on Inauguration Day.
2) 19% of Democrats Strongly or Somewhat Approve of our President.
3) Governor’s Scott has an Approval Rating of 59%! This is HUGE because he will most likely run for Bill Nelson’s Senate seat in 2018 (November).
4) In a Head To Head matchup, Scott beats the Incumbent Bill Nelson by 2 points (39.2% to 37.2%).
5) Overall 57.7% said armed personnel on campus would do more to prevent a school shooting than stricter gun control laws (43.3%).
6) Republicans are super happy to speak with pollsters compared to Democrats. This phenomenon just happened for the first time. As recently as a month ago, the opposite was true.
7) The Economy and Jobs is the number 1 item for the midterm election (24.1%) followed by Healthcare (22%), Gun Control (19.4%), National Security and Terrorism (16.9%) and Immigration (12.8%).
8) The sample identified a partisan split of 32.64% Republican, 32.09% Democrat, 31.10% Independent and 4.18% “Something Else. 55.8% Women versus 44.2% Men.